Me: “Hello” *Insert Name*”
Him: “Hi Femi, How are you?”
Me: “I am amazing. I am looking to hire a social media manager. Know anyone?”
Him: “What is your budget?”
Me: *Insert amount*
Him: “If I would be honest with you, I am also looking to hire right now. If I found him/her before you, I would hire him/her and pay double.”
The above is a conversation that actually took place between myself and a friend (one of my seniors in the industry). I had similar conversations with other CEOs and they had the same feedback: because entry barrier is low, the marketplace is saturated with lots of people who claim to know a thing or two about social media, but there are only very few people who really know their onions. I can hear you say; “but I could learn this online”. True. There are tons of content on social media stuff online but;
- They lack context. A lot of the things you learn online are based against the foreground of foreign countries. In Nigeria, most of them don’t work. We need lessons within a Nigerian context.
- Some of them (if not most), are one topic out of many. I want to teach you the whole nine yards.
Why should I teach you though? Excellent question.
- I have been a social media freelancer, had a Job as a social media manager, been a social media consultant and now run my own agency. I have gone full circle.
- I have worked on over 200 projects over the last 3 years across several sectors ranging from banking, stockbroking, cinemas, events, radio/ youtube shows, human resources, non-profits, movies, schools, FMCGs all the way to mining and solid minerals. So yeah, I have lots of experience.
Here is what one of my students had to say:
Femi is an outstanding instructor who understands social media with confidence. He did a great job in using practical examples to illustrate a point and using easy to understand terminologies to explain the concept of social media.
Olaoluwa Alabi; Digital Strategist; Marketing and Communications.
How would this course help you?
- Develop and execute social media strategies that deliver results.
- Get a well-paid job as a social media manager
- Make extra money as a freelance social media manager
- Launch and grow a successful social media company.
What do I intend to teach you?
- Social Media Audit and reporting.
- Strategy formation. (questions to ask, research, channel selection, content, hashtags).
- Social media management. (understanding analytics, social media reporting, social media policy, disclaimer policy, social media budget).
- Events streaming.
- Social Media marketing: (Email Marketing, Influencer/ publicists/ hypers/ growth hacking/ conversions network).
- Employee Advocacy. (Employee Advocacy Policy).
- Social Media Recruitment.
Duration: 4 weeks.
Time: 2pm- 4pm (2 hours every sunday).
Complete module: NGN 45,000.00 ($112.5)
Certificates: NGN 5,000 ($12.5)
Group discount: 15% on total.
Got questions? Email email@example.com.